A message from our Festival Director
Another difficult year has passed, with Covid-19 still affecting virtually every aspect of our lives. But, thanks to the incredible efforts of our health care workers, front line staff, and medical researchers, we are now in a much stronger position than before.
NFF2020 was a strange festival to organise. The transition to a digital screening platform, however, was a huge success, and we owe a huge thank you to all those who supported the festival last year by buying tickets - it meant so much to us.
The popularity of last year made it clear that we should try to go digital once again, while still trying to offer cinema screenings where possible. Yes, we will have fewer in-person events than normal, with smaller crowds, but the safety of our audience has always been paramount. This hybrid approach to NFF2021 means that we are able to continue supporting filmmakers while also keeping the public as safe as possible. It will be fantastic to be out in the community once again, but for those who can’t make it in person, we will still have plenty to offer.
We’d like to offer one final thanks - to all of the incredible filmmakers out there who have continued to create some wonderful films throughout this pandemic. Your work has kept us going all this time, and we have loved spending so many days watching your films. This festival, as always, is for you.
We would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to all those who have supported us over the last year, including the following:
- Arnolds Keys for sponsoring the British Film category,
- VisitNorwich for sponsoring the International Film category.
- Spire Solicitors for sponsoring the Documentary Film category.
- Meantime Media for sponsoring the Animated Film category.
- Norwich University of the Arts for sponsoring the Student Film category.
- University of East Anglia for sponsoring the East Anglian Film category.